Because Robert Jahrling wrote, "although there's no evidence that the hawaiians-abroad mailing list manager, Derek Kauanoe, has ever sent a joke before."I decided to attempt to add some humour to this top 10 list. I trust that you'll be able to decide the serious from the comical reasons. Please click on the links.
10. Non-Hawaiians are doing it!
9. Living on Hawaiian time is the norm
8. If you're single, there's a lot of Hawaiians of the opposite sex here. If you have a different preference, there's Hawaiians of the same sex.
7. It's a great opportunity to learn and live Hawaiian culture in the ancestral lands.
6. You can enroll in classes at the Center for Hawaiian Studies
5. You can surround yourself with other Hawaiians and Hawai'i locals
4. You'll live in the lands of our ancestors.
3. The University of Hawai'i encourages Hawaiians living abroad to return to Hawai'i for school through a statutory exemption which qualifies Hawaiians living abroad for resident tuition.
(see page 10 section B)
2. There are various Hawaiian Scholarships in Hawai'i you may be eligible for while attending school here.
1. WE NEED MORE HAWAIIANS IN HAWAI'I! COME BACK HOME!